In a romance novel:
- A man will take you and whisk you away to a getaway where you can make sweet beautiful love in the luxury of a cabin on a snowy mountain.
- A man will pick you up when you are feeling ill and carry you in his strong arms away from what is making you ill and hold you close till you are better.
- A man will buy you diamonds, cars, houses.
- A man will scale mountains to rescue you from a kidnapper and will beat/kill the man who dared to harm you.
I don’t know about you, but I think I want to go in a romance novel and live. Romance is not like that for me. What about you? But…My real life romantic gestures are much better, at least to me.
In real life a man may:
- Rub your back while you’re being sick with the stomach flu.
- Carry your purse in public – without complaining.
- Kiss you in public.
- Wash your hair for you every day for three years.
- Walk past you while going into another room and touch your shoulder.
- Let you lie in his lap and play with your hair while you watch TV.
- Indulge you in your desire to be kissed anytime he asks you to do something, as payment of course.
- Hold your hand in public.
- Hold your hand in private.
- Open the car/store/house door for you and let you walk in first.
- Call you in the middle of the day just to hear your voice and make sure you are OK.
I’ve decided – I don’t wan to live in a romance book. I like the romantic gestures I have now. What are some of your favorite romance book or real life romantic gestures?