1. State your name, and your age.
My name is Dorien Kelly, and I’m old enough that that I don’t like to think about how old I am. Let’s put it this way: I have survived teenagers.
2. State the name of your spouse.
No spouse, but I do have world’s most wonderful boyfriend, Ken.
3. State the name of your children and ages.
Sean: 25, Caitlin: 23, and Erin: 19
4. State your educational background.
I graduated from the University of Michigan with a bachelor’s degree in English Literature. I then attended Detroit College of Law (now Michigan State Law School). At that point I held the record of the highest LAST score and lowest GPA they had ever admitted. Luckily, I took to law school well and graduated third in my class. The practice of law was another thing altogether; I hated it.
5. When did you first decide to become a writer?
By the time my third child was a toddler, I knew I could no longer be a lawyer. I wanted to step off the crazy-go-round and be home with my children.
6. What was your first novel?
My first published novel was Designs on Jake, which Harlequin Books released in 2002.
7. Have you ever been a ghostwriter?
8. When you first got approached to write with Janet Evanovich as a co-writer, what was your reaction?
Actually, I approached Janet. I was scared to death.
9. How do you two write? Do you each write a chapter based on the other or do you draft up an outline and write from the outline?
Sometimes examining a process too closely takes away its magic, and I like magic.
10. Would you write a science fiction/fantasy based romance or mystery?
Sci Fi and Fantasy aren’t my cup of tea. I love reading them, but don’t think I’d make a very good writer in those genres.
11. Do you participate in book tours, signings and the like with her when the book comes out?
Nope. We’re at our respective homes, writing away.
12. Your website http://www.dorienkelly.com/- that does the upkeep for it? Is it an outside service?
I do have a wonderful web person who designs and does upkeep for me. There are only so many hours in a day, and I much prefer to spend mine on writing.
13. Would you and Janet like to donate a book to raffle off on the website for a lucky reader that may be autographed by either you or both of you?
I’d be happy to send a book.
14. Who are your favorite reads?
Anything by Janet. I also love Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Courtney Milan.
15. Who’s on your nightstand now to read?
I’m reading a lot of Irish history and general non-fiction right now. I’ll be heading to Ireland in March to begin research on more books in my Ballymuir series.
16. Final questions: What are your current projects now and when would they be published?
Just for fun, I’m self-publishing a novella in my contemporary Irish Ballymuir series. This past autumn, I took the original Ballymuir books, on which I own the rights, and self-published them in e-format at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, etc. The response has been a wonderful surprise! Readers want more, and I’m happy to give it to them. The Wedding Party will be out in February. After that, there will be more Ballymuir books. I need to decide whether to publish them myself or go the traditional route, though.
- Don Fedora has been released
- Cover reveal for Awakened, The Fetish Club #6 (Out Aug 27th)
- Read Along- Love in A Nutshell by Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly
- RAFFLE GIVEAWAY FOR LOVE IN A NUTSHELL BY JANET EVANOVICH AND DORIEN KELLY
- Interview of Dorien Kelly co-author of Love In a Nutshell
- 5 Great Lines – Gemma Halliday, Deadly Cool
- Recap of Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly Week 2
- 5 Great Lines – Darynda Jones, Second Grave on the Left
- A Review of Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly
A History Blog Authors